Voltage Park is building a cloud infrastructure business from the ground up. As part of this effort, we’re hiring a Site Reliability Engineer to be responsible for building out internal telemetry systems and maintaining infrastructure stability for our end customers. To succeed in this role, you will need to be comfortable owning logging, analytics, automations, testing, and SOPs. You’ll play a pivotal role as a member of the founding team, responsible for bringing a substantial amount of infrastructure online across multiple data centers. As an early hire, you’ll also have outsize influence in defining the company’s culture and ensuring mission success.
We are fully remote and accepting applicants from anywhere in the continental US.
We offer health, dental, and vision coverage, along with 401k matching and home office stipends.
We have team members San Francisco, NYC, Seattle, and other Tier 1 cities.
- Define the golden standard for our growing SRE team
- Design, build, and roll out new platforms and patterns to minimize incidents
- Deploy updates and improvements to support both Voltage Park’s internal and end customer use cases
- Collaborate with colleagues in network engineering and product engineering in a flat organization
- Being on-call for urgent system incidents
- Puppet, Terraform, Ansible
- Scripting using Bash, Python, or Go
- Experience setting up and administering Kubernetes
- Have architected, built, and delivered at least one complex system from 0 to 1
- Balances pragmatic development and ideal architectures
- Effective at navigating tradeoffs between design, risk, cost, and outcomes
- Deep understanding of network protocols, network programming, Unix variants, monitoring and security systems
- Strong written and oral communication
- You enjoy working with a small group of friendly, highly motivated, execution focused colleagues
- You’re comfortable with a high degree of autonomy. We expect you to independently prioritize your work and understand how it maps to the overall needs and goals of the company
- You’re knowledgeable in your domain but also enjoy wearing multiple hats and venturing outside of your comfort zone when the need arises
- You value the ability to write well and understand the importance of good documentation
How to Apply
Congrats if you’ve made it here! We want to ensure that our candidates have done some basic research on the company as well as centralize our applications. If you’re interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, any relevant links (linkedin, github, etc), and one habit you’re proud of!