Voltage Park is building a cloud infrastructure business from the ground up. As part of this effort, we’re looking for a Senior Network Engineer to own everything L3 and below. You’ll play a pivotal role as a member of the founding team, responsible for bringing a substantial amount of infrastructure online across multiple data centers. As an early hire, you’ll also have outsize influence in defining the company’s culture and ensuring mission success.
We are fully remote and accepting applicants from anywhere in the continental US.
We offer health, dental, and vision coverage, along with 401k matching and home office stipends.
We have team members San Francisco, NYC, Seattle, and other Tier 1 cities.
- Manage the build out and bring up of large scale compute infrastructure deployed at multiple sites across the United States.
- Implement best practices for security, scalability, and reliability with a strong emphasis on software-based automation
- Proactively detect network issues before they become a big problem
- Triage network incidents and outages, identify and address technical debt
- You have comprehensive experience with Internet-scale routing tables, routing policies, peering policies, and architectures
- Experience with technologies and protocols including BGP, EVPN, SDN, SD-WAN
- You have hands-on experience working with Cumulus, SONiC, Infiniband
- Experience with cloud networking technologies including VPC’s, NFV, Direct Connect, Cloud Connect
- Familiarity with network topologies including Clos, Rail optimized, and fat tree
- You know how to code in a scripting language like Python and have experience using automation tools like Ansible
- Bonus: Linux or BSD system administration experience
- You enjoy working with a small group of friendly, highly motivated, high execution colleagues
- You’re comfortable with a high degree of autonomy. We expect you to independently prioritize your work and understand how it maps to the overall needs and goals of the company
- You’re knowledgeable in your domain but also enjoy wearing multiple hats and venturing outside of your comfort zone when the need arises
- You value the ability to write well and understand the importance of good documentation
How to Apply
Congrats if you’ve made it here! We want to ensure that our candidates have done some basic research on the company as well as centralize our applications. If you’re interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com with your resume, any relevant links (linkedin, github, etc), and one habit you’re proud of!